Investigations, Whistle-blower Services & Crisis Management
Due to our depth of experience along with are collaboration with our risk advisory and forensics team, we are able to provide a comprehensive range of compliance and investigation services. This includes not only routine compliance advice, scenario testing, training / due diligence, but also recommendations / representation of your company during commercial bribery inquiries and investigations.
Accordingly, we advise multinational and domestic companies across industries and sectors. Our clients include pharmaceutical, medical device, automotive, software, computer service, space and aeronautics, mobile communication, food and beverage, manufacturing and retail sectors.
Our services include:
• Developing and executing corporate anti-corruption and anti-commercial bribery compliance systems
• Providing legal opinions on anti-corruption and anti-commercial bribery issues and providing legal analysis as to whether actions and activities constitute violation of laws and regulations or a criminal act
• Advising clients on the investigation procedures of administrative and criminal investigation
• Representing clients in dealings with investigative authorities or other stakeholders
• Assisting with conducting internal or Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) investigations and associated legal advice
• Representing foreign companies and international lawyers in China in FCPA-related compliance investigations, reviews of relevant data and information, interviews with personnel and related actions
Further through our Whistle-blower service called Tip-offs Anonymous™, we provide a unique and innovative business solution that provides a powerful and practical deterrent to corruption, fraud, dishonesty and other inappropriate behavior in the workplace. The service is designed to protect the assets, bottom line and reputation of organizations, both in the private and public sectors.
This confidential whistleblowing service operates 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. We provide a unique telephone number, unique and dedicated website and e-mail address to allow employees to make confidential disclosures about their concerns in the workplace.
The key benefits of a whistleblowing program include:
• Immediate compliance with relevant Codes of Good Corporate Governance
• Simple, low-cost deterrent against inappropriate workplace behavior
• Tangible demonstration to stakeholders of social commitment and culture of honesty and integrity
• Protection from negative publicity by allowing management to deal with issues internally
• Evidence of a tangible governance initiative that is integrally linked to the operations of the audit committee and the internal audit function
• Valuable management tool to complement an organization's overall risk management strategy
• Dynamic and useful communication facility for employees not exposed to - or who feel uncomfortable using - formal communication channels
• Effective highlighting of poor control processes and weak internal control environments, allowing management and the internal audit function to better focus their efforts and resources.
Further, when a real incident or potential crisis does ensue, we manage immediate crises and formulate rigorous contingency plans to ensure that clients are prepared to deal with other developments. Ultimately, we customize the type and level of support and guidance during a crisis to meet the client’s needs, from baseline to comprehensive support. See also: Crisis & Complexity Management