Head of EU Law
- Personal profile
- work experience
Alexander Fischer has nearly 20 years of experience in providing legal services for inbound and outbound mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments and Technology- IP matters. He has represented international and domestic clients in structuring, negotiating and documenting their business transactions for direct investments and acquisitions and his client portfolio covers a wide spectrum of industries including Consumer & Industrial Products e.g. automobile, fashion, chemicals, manufacturing and shipping; and Life Sciences e.g. pharmaceuticals, medical and scientific equipment.
Alex also specializes in advising his clients on regulatory and compliance matters including but not limited to, merger review, antitrust, anti-bribery and other regulatory advisory/compliance investigations.
Alexander has extensive experience in dealing with a variety of employment issues for expatriates and local employees, including the structuring of executive compensation package/design of employee incentive plan, drafting employment contracts, employee handbooks, transferring employees and downsizing in post-M&A/restructuring transactions.
Alexander was admitted to the Frankfurt, Nürnberg bar and is currently registered with the Munich Bar. Prior to joining Qin Li, he has practiced at several international law firms for more than 17 years. He passed the First State Examination at the University of Bonn in 1997; and the Second State Examination before the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main in 2000 . He is proficient in German as his mother tongue, English, Italian and holds a Diploma Translator degree in Chinese and Korean.
General Corporate and Inbound M&A
- Advised a Swiss company listed on Swiss Exchange on formation of a contractual joint venture and asset acquisition with a Chinese electric company in Zhejiang Province and buy-out of the share from its Chinese joint venture partner.
- Represented a High-end Italian fashion maker with the set- up of its trading company and its branch offices in entire China.
- Advised a German sea-aircraft manufacturer on formation of an equity joint venture with a state-owned company in Wuxi and equity share swap with the Luxembourg shareholder.
- Advised a German medical and health care company on its acquisition of a target company in Henan province.
- Represented a special chemical manufacturing enterprise in its acquisition of a Chinese company in Inner Mongolia.
- Advised a German catalyst recycler on setting-up of its equity joint venture with a state-owned company in Yunnan Province and liquidation of its Shanghai WFOE.
- Advised a German machinery company on restructuring of its Chinese entities by share transfer and equity swap.
- Advised a German maritime equipment company on transfer of share of its Chinese joint venture to its Chinese joint venture partners.
- Advised a German machinery company on transfer of share of its Chinese WFOE to its Taiwanese business partner and formation of an equity joint venture.
- Advised a German listed company on formation of an equity joint venture with a state-owned company in Chongqing and asset acquisition.
- Represented a German electric company in buy-out of the equity in its joint venture company from its Chinese joint venture partner.
- Represented a German electric company in its acquisition of a Chinese domestic company in Guangdong Province.
- Represented a German electric company on acquisition of a Hong Kong company with production facilities in mainland China.
- Advised a leading German automobile products supplier on MBO of its Chinese WFOE.
- Advised a German machinery company on asset acquisition of a Chinese domestic company in Jiangsu Province.
- Advised a leading German electric company on restructuring of its Chinese subsidiaries due to buy-out of its investor.
- Represented a leading Chinese textile Group in its share acquisition of a traditional German Textile manufacturer in Germany.
- Represented one of the key players in China's maritime industry in its acquisition and Joint Venture set up with a German shipyard in Germany.
- Advised a leading Chinese Electronic Company in its acquisition of a German electronic components manufacturer.
- Assisted a Chinese company with its acquisition of a German manufacturer of electricity generators.
- Represented a major auto manufacturer on its compliance review on dealership operations.
- Represented leading JV auto makers on designing and streamlining their respective compliance programs.
- Represented a foreign car components manufacturer in the compliance review on its China entities.
- Represented a leading chemical manufacturer in the post-M&A employment transition matters.
- Represented a world online retailer in structuring and defining the social security contributions for its China employees.
- Represented several European shareholders in the winding up of its China business (including termination of its entire China staff).