- Personal profile
- work experience
Mr. Hilton Yin is a Senior Associate with Qin Li (Deloitte Legal) with solid experience in providing legal services on a broad range of matters including mergers & acquisitions, restructuring, labor & employment, anti-trust clearance and general corporate advisory.
Mr. Yin primarily focuses on M&A and restructuring related matters involving legal due diligence, business negotiation, transaction document drafting and transaction closing. Hilton has also provided multiple legal advisory services concerning anti-trust clearance in the pharmaceutical industry. Most of the client he has advised are in the life science, health care, manufacturing, logistics and trading industries.
Prior to Deloitte Legal, Mr. Yin practiced corporate law at a prominent global law firm as well as a Shanghai based PRC legal practice. Preceding his legal practice, Mr. Yin worked in a PRC investment firm providing financial restructuring advice.
Hilton obtained both of his Bachelor and Master degrees in PRC law. He is fluent and proficient in English and Chinese languages.
Corporate M&A and Reorganization
- Advising a PRC company in its share acquisition of a Spanish High-tech environmental protection company, including legal due diligence, transaction documents drafting and negotiation, and assisting its joint venture companish establishment in Hongkong;
- Advising a PRC listed auto company on its share acquisition of Spanish, Romanian and Turkish auto component companies;
- Assisting a PRC listed company's acquisition of a Korean lighting device manufacturing company, including legal due diligence, transaction documents drafting and negotiation service;
- Advising a PRC listed shipping company on its outbound investment in Germany;
- Advising a PRC listed furniture manufacturing company on its outbound investment in Australia;
- Assisting a PRC state owned enterprise in its investment in commercial real estate property in France;
- Advising a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company's multiple acquisitions of PRC wholesaling pharma companies, including legal due diligence, transaction documents drafting, negotiation, closing and providing legal advisory concerning post-transaction integration;
- Advising a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company's acquisition of e-commerce pharmaceutical retail company, including legal due diligence, transaction documents drafting and negotiation, and also providing compliance review service concerning its daily operation;
- Assisting in anti-trust clearance for a Fortune 500 in its acuquisition in pharmaceutical distribution sector;
- Four-month secondment in a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company, providing closing assistance for a M&A project, supplying and customer contracts review, and also legal advisory for its daily operation;
- Assisting a Japan auto component company on its share acquisition on a PRC company, including legal and labor due diligence and legal documents drafting;
- Advising a Switzerland listed company for its share acquisition on a PRC furniture manufacturing company;
- Assisting a Brazil company in its reorganization of its PRC companies, and provide legal documents drafting service;
- Assisting a German company in relocation of manufacturing facilities of its PRC subsidiary;
- Assisting a US company in its reorganization of its five PRC subsidiaries;
- Advising a Taiwan listed chemical company for its assets and share reorganization in PRC;
- Assisting a US company for its reorganization in PRC, including documents drafting and approval and registration for such reorganization;
- Providing legal due diligence service for a Japan listed company in its acquisition of a PRC mental smelter company;
- Providing legal due diligence service for a German listed manufacture company in its multiple acquisitions in China, Hongkong, and Vietnam;
- Advising a biological Hi-tech company and a environmental protection company for its listing on out-the-counter capital market; and
- Assisting a US medical device manufacturing company for its customs IP filling project.
Compliance and Labor
- Compliance review for business operation and larbor related matters for the PRC legal entities of a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company, and working with financial and tax advisors to provide optimal restructure options for its next 3-10 years operation in PRC market;
- Assisting a German medical device company in its compliance investigation on its PRC subsidiary and provide legal advisory on compliance related questions; assisting in litigation concerning the issues identified in the compliance investigation;
- Assisting a German electronic switch manufacturing company in its compliance investigation on its PRC subsidiary and assisting in its labor related issues;
- Assisting a Japan listed company in its compliance investigation on its liquidation related matter, and provide legal advisory on its massive lay off plan, legal documents drafting and on-site supporting service;
- Assisting a Japan company in massive lay off of its PRC subsidiary, including providing labor advisory, drafting legal documents and on-site supporting.
- Assisting a PRC clothes manufacturing company in its compliance health check, and provide legal advisory concerning the labor contract termination and severance payment related issue.
- Assisting a German glass manufacturing company in compliance investigation on its PRC subsidiary and assisting litigation relating to the infringement of business secrete.