- Personal profile
- work experience
Zheng Jie has over 13 years of international legal service experience. His practice focuses on investment and transaction matters, including providing legal assistance for inbound and outbound joint ventures, cross-border merger and acquisition projects. He specializes in investment and transaction structuring, legal due diligence, contract negotiation, IP protection and legal risk management. He has extensive experience in advising clients from industries including automotive, machinery, chemical and new materials, pharmaceutical and medical devices, media and entertainment, luxury and fashion industry, etc.
Prior to his joining in Deloitte Legal, he had been working over a decade in Shanghai office of a German law firm and a leading UK law firm.
Zheng Jie obtained his LL.M. degree at the University of Munich, Germany, and has been admitted to Chinese bar. Zheng Jie works in Chinese (native language), English and German.
Inbound investment and M&A
- Advised a leading European machinery manufacturer on equity joint venture and share swap transaction with a state-owned company.
- Represented a leading US diagnostic equipment company in negotiation for acquisition of a Chinese domestic competitor.
- Advised a Swiss company listed on Swiss Exchange on formation of a contractual joint venture and asset acquisition with a Chinese electric and buy-out of the share from its Chinese joint venture partner.
- Advised a German listed company on formation of an equity joint venture with a state-owned company in Chongqing and asset acquisition.
- Advised a leading European automobile products supplier on MBO of its Chinese WFOE.
- Advised an European family-owned machinery company on asset acquisition of a Chinese domestic company.
- Advised an individual investor on sell-out of his online game business to a Chinese company.
- Advised a world leading pharmaceutical excipient company on acquisition of a domestic company.
- Advised a leading European E-commerce company engaged in maternal and child products on development of its China business.
- Advised a leading European hi-tech electronic company on its joint venture project with a domestic NEEQ-listed company.
Outbound investment and M&A
- Advised a large state-owned-enterprise group on its investment project in Germany.
- Advised a large state-owned pharma company on its acquisition project in South-east Asia.
- Advised a large private-owned chemical enterprise on its acquisition project in Europe.
- Advised a world leading industrial construction company on tendering and contract matters for Shanghai Disneyland project;
- Advised a famous European furniture supplier on trademark and technology license to its Chinese business partner;
- Advised one of the world’s largest media companies on distributing a TV program to a famous Chinese on-line video company.
Litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution
- Represented a famous European technology company in CIETAC arbitration procedure against a Chinese solar photovoltaic company and the enforcement of arbitration award;
- Represented a Swiss equipment company in CIETAC arbitration procedure against a Chinese equipment company;
- Represented a famous European technology company in a civil procedure with a local court in Zhejiang Province;
- Represented a German-invested industrial company on settlement negotiation with during a civil procedure.
- Advised an European technology company on a fraud investigation against its Chinese subsidiary’s management and criminal procedure against the management;
- Took the lead in a fraud investigation against management of a German automobile parts supplier’s China entity;
- Advised one of the world’s largest automobile companies on compliance matters of its Shanghai JV;
- Conducted compliance investigations for one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical and health-care companies on its Chinese subsidiaries, and advising on other compliance matters related to commercial bribery and public tendering.